- nowhere near
- through thick and thin
- This is the by-the-book pitch
- However, in a new twist, this year there will also be ...
- I would love to.
- take out the word from the sentence
Use a real and natural foreign language with the confidence of a native speaker
While browsing the web, clip foreign language phrases or word expressions with our clipping bookmarklet, save and organize them into phrasebooks for later learning or follow phrasebooks already created by other users and discover phrases based of interest in your home Stream.
Learning English isn’t only words and grammar. The interplay of prepositions with nouns, pronouns, and phrases; colorful uses of metaphors, idioms and phrasal verbs are just some of the things that goes into it.
Be fluent while discussing, debating, arguing and disputing :-)
Write emails or post messages on social networks like a native speaker.
- Apologies for the delay in sending on this info.
- Just a quick reminder that ...
- Have you made up your mind?
- If you'd like to discuss the opportunities further, I'm happy to jump on a call early next week.
- Do let me know if you are interested as soon as possible
- Let me know if it works for you but no hurry.
A collection that allows you to be more confident while giving presentations in English. Here you'll find phrases for opening presentations, conclusions, branching topics, arguments ...
- insight or competitive advantage.
- doesn’t reveal any passion
- how you lead the discussion and how you frame your points matters a lot.
- In addition to what I previously mentioned
- Irish fruit firm Fyffes and US rival Chiquita are to merge
- He has been online and messing around with computers for more than 20 years
Useful phrases for hanging out in pubs, cafés, dining out etc.
This collection is aimed to help you present your tech startups or apps in English. You can browse this collection by tags to find phrases for pitching, interviewing, tech support etc.
Word expressions used in news
Useful phrases that can help you make yourself understood in English while travelling. Directions, Hotels, Restaurants ...
- Education makes a people easy to leadbut difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave. Peter Brougham
- Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.Plato
- It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.Epictetus
- One of the few things a person is willing to pay for and not get. William Lowe Bryan
- “If you want to get laid, go to college. If you want an education, go to the library.”― Frank Zappa
- “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.”― Nelson Mandela
Real and natural phrases for giving and asking for directions. No textbook bullshit.
This collection is about hotels and accomodation.
Short phrases / expressions used on social media.
Get your children to start speaking real English.
- Esta tarde tengo una entrevista de trabajo. Estoy como un flan! Ya verás que todo sale bien
- Se acercaron los exámenes! Pues ya sabemos, a hincar los codos!
- Si no te das prisa, vas a llegar tarde al trabajo. Me trae sin cuidado!
- Adjuntamos las condiciones generales, declaración de conformidad y el procedimiento de montaje
- Estimado seňor, nos es grato comunicarle..
- Lo siento mucho, estoy hecho polvo, me queda en blanco