Master Foreign Languages
with Social Phrasebooks
- While we were eating, one of the children - a boy aged about seven - behaved rather badly, and this brought a stern rebuke from his father.
- Everybody knows people who are dreadfully unhappy, and yet can put on a happy face
- It’s not rigid. It has a set of default responses, but they’re extremely malleable to experience.
- It’s still very hard to entirely grasp how something so utterly ordinary can be equally miraculous and profound
- When we hear stories that feature caricatures, it builds a case for a dualistic, deeply inaccurate view of human nature
Learning English isn’t only words and grammar. The interplay of prepositions with nouns, pronouns, and phrases; colorful uses of metaphors, idioms and phrasal verbs are just some of the things that goes into it.
- I think they do a bloody marvellous job
- that have become essential components of everyday life
- Fast forward two years, and it seems Snapchat is getting the last laugh
- Could you run that by me again?
- The idea of an entrepreneur is really thinking out of the box and taking risks and stepping up to major challenges.
This collection is about hotels and accomodation.
- I am writing to request your assistance concerning the matter of defective parts.
- Any information you could give would be helpful.
- I am writing in connection with last week's meeting about the Johnson account.
- I am writing with regard to our telephone conversation concerning the high amount of absenteeism.
- The reason I am sending this message is to clarify a few things.
Introducing yourself in French
- Je suis travailleur indépendant
- Je connais aussi un peu du taïwanais, du cantonais, de l'espéranto
- Ma langue maternelle est l'anglais, et je peux parler le mandarin, le français, le gallois, l'irlandais, l'allemand, l'espagnol, le japonais
- Les langues m'ont fasciné depuis longtemps
- j'ai une passion pour la musique
Be fluent while discussing, debating, arguing and disputing
Introducing Social Phrasebooks
Phraseum is like the Pinterest for foreign language phrases. Instead of images you can discover and collect phrases on topics you are interested in such as: Presentations, Email and online communications, Discussions and debates, etc. In addition you can memorise and learn to master them.
Cram phrases into your long-term memory
Phraseum uses Spaced Repetition System that automatically detects weak and difficult phrases and builds lessons curated just for you. Compering to other SRS systems, Phraseum encourages an active approach to learning new phrases. Phraseum tests your ability to use learned phrases actively, not just translate them.